Happy Fall yarn sale
- 20% off yarn orders placed online, with gratitude for your business and friendship
- Sale begins on Monday, November 21st at 12:01am (just after midnight on Sunday) and ends on Sunday, November 27th at 11:59pm
- (Sale includes in-stock yarns ordered online only)
A note about remaining Borgs stock:
Tonya has been eliminating colors from our web store as we sell the last skeins. She will try to keep up during the sale as well, but keep in mind that we are human, and will not be able to keep these updates up after working hours or while we are closed for Thanksgiving break. We still have quite a bit of Mattgarn and Åsborya, so this would be a good time to stock up on those yarns if you like to use them.
November: We will close for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, November 24th at 3pm, and will remain closed on Thurs-Fri the 25th-26th.
December: We will be closed for inventory and the holidays from Wednesday, December 14th through Monday, January 2nd. Phone hours will resume on Tuesday, January 3rd at 9am.
Vävstuga bench basket, new version
Our well-loved Vävstuga bench basket has reinvented itself a little bit. It is just a tad smaller, and its leather handle is more supple, so it fits on the Glimåkra bench when in its highest position. This great tool holds plenty of shuttles and other tools. It is wonderful to have close at hand while you are working.
Vävstuga gift certificates
A gift certificate to Vävstuga can be used toward an inspiring class, gorgeous yarns, wonderful tools, or even a loom.
Note that we do take a holiday break in December, so order your gift certificates by Tuesday, December 13th by calling the office at (413) 625-8241.
Clarification on yarns
We will continue to sell the Borgs yarns we have in stock. Tonya has been eliminating colors from our web store as we sell the last skeins, so you can easily see what remains.
Here is the specific status of the following Borgs yarns:
- Tuna – Will be replaced by Plädgarn in 150+ colors, currently on their way to us
- Mora – Some stock remaining; will be replaced by Redgarn in 42 colors
- Fårö – Some stock remaining; will be replaced by Upholsterygarn in 35+ colors
- Mattgarn – Some stock remaining; will be replaced by Mattullgarn in 97 colors
- Åsborya – We still have a lot of this in stock
- String yarn – Some stock remaining; this will now be available to us in nearly 50 colors
- 30/2 cotton – Will be discontinued when the remaining stock is sold, but we hope to bring this back in new colors
- Brage – Discontinued
Bockens and Yarn-in-a-Jars:
All Bockens yarns and Yarn-in-a-Jars will remain the same and are currently in stock:
- 8/2 cotton
- 16/2 cotton (this jar will now include bleached and unbleached 20/2, 24/2, 30/2)
- 22/2 cottolin
- 16/2 linen
- 16/1 linen
- Möbelåtta wool
- cotton rug warp
- linen rug warp
- 8 tow linen
- 6 tow linen
- all other linen yarns
What about Borgs Yarn-in-a-Jars?
We appreciate that many of you have invested in our Yarn-in-a-Jars. Both our customers and Vävstuga are feeling the pain of losing the use of some of these jars. These jars are expensive for us to create, as well as for you to purchase. To aid with the transition, we are formulating a plan for jar replacement, so stay tuned to our newsletters; we appreciate your patience.
Looking ahead to 2023
We know that many of you are eager to see our 2023 class schedule so that you can plan your weaving year and register for classes. Our full 2023 class schedule will be announced in our January 2023 newsletter. Please be patient. We look forward to welcoming many of you for another exciting year of weaving and camaraderie.
Anna Östlund’s Plentiful Rosepath Pillows class was a grand success, as were our October Basics classes and Drawloom ABC.