• Recent Posts

• Archives

• Susanna Robbins passes on

It is with heartfelt sadness that we inform friends of Vävstuga that Susanna Robbins passed away on April 1, 2009.

A partner in the organization, she will always be remembered for her kind friendship and eye for beauty. It shone through in her weaving, gardens, and the lovely details of the building that houses Vävstuga Swedish Weaving & Folk Arts.

Susanna Robbins

15 comments:

1. Irina says:

Hello Becky – this is very very sad news. My thoughts are with you.

Irina in Olympia WA.

2. Barbara says:

Becky, my thoughts are also with you in this difficult time.

Barbara in Rochester NY

3. Susan says:

I think of Susie bringing such life to 16 Water Street, and her loving relationship with that building, and all she learned as she created it, inside and out. As Vavstuga, it shone with beauty. I hope those who enter the door will find peace and joy there.

4. Cheri Fickett says:

Becky, my prayers are with you at this sad time.
      Cheri in Ct.

5. Sue says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, and for the loss of Susanna in the weaving community. Vavstuga is such a special place – and she was an integral part of that specialness.

Sue in NH

6. Tamara says:

Becky, This news was such a shock. I’m so sorry for you and her family. Susanna was such a charming person. I’ve so enjoyed my time spent with her at Vav Stuga. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Susanna at this time.

Tamara in NH

7. Kim says:

Becky, This was such sad, sad news. I send much sympathy to you and Susanna’s family. Susanna was such a gentle and kind person, and a joy to know. I will miss her very much.

8. Nancy says:

Gentle woman … indeed her eyes sparkled with joy for the warm, welcoming “home” she created for weavers to become immersed in the craft of weaving.

9. Paul Mitchell says:

Eh, what a sad thing to find out about. It’s been a few summers since we saw her last. I’d like to
      mention that Susie was, and will always be, my favorite old time fiddle player.

Paul (Hillsborough, NC)

10. Laurie says:

Becky – and any family who read this – I am so sorry. I think of the intense pleasure that Susie got from her home, her work, her goats, her garden, her music and the beauty she created and nurtured around her and all the pleasure she gave to others. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
      Laurie Indenbaum

11. Lila Feingold says:

I am so sorry. It has been a long time, but I always enjoyed the time I spent with Susie. Becky, this has been a difficult year for you. My heart goes out to you. Lila

12. susan sterngold says:

i am so sorry to hear of susie’s death. she was a wonderful person and i knew her as a great fiddle player. she will be missed.
      condolences to all her family and friends.
      susan sterngold suffern ny

13. Vicki DeLalla says:

Becky, I had never met Susie but I know the void a loss of a friend leaves. Vavstuga is my tour destination with NEWS this July. I am sorry that I will not get to meet her and very sorry for your loss.
      Vicki DeLalla – NH

14. God bless her soul.
      Belatedly,
      Carola, Nada, Fari, Valery (mr.)
      of Germany and Sweden

15. Elizabeth says:

Such a treasure lost. Susie’s creativity and drive to make the studio the gem that it is, was her gift to all of us. She left us this as a way of remembering her and her talents.